LIC Aam Aadmi Insurance Yojana 2021
Lic Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021, LIC Aam Aadmi insurance Yojana 2021 Apply Online, LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Claim Form PDF information will be given to you in this article. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana to help landless families in rural areas. Under this scheme, life insurance cover will be provided to the low class landless families like fishermen, auto drivers, watchmen etc.
Poor and economically weaker sections of society rarely avail insurance coverage against death and disability. However, when poor families face these contingencies, the biggest financial problem is faced by such families. It is very difficult for the economically weaker people to arrange for insurance coverage. That is why the Government of India has started various social security schemes for the poor. LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021 is a similar social security scheme.
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is a social security scheme that was launched on 2 October 2007 to provide a group insurance cover to individuals belonging to specified groups. The scheme provides insurance coverage against natural, accidental death and disability. on 1 January, LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021 was merged with Janashree Bima Yojana to provide a wider scope of coverage to eligible individuals. Aam Aadmi Yojana provides coverage to all eligible members in the event of an unfortunate event like death or disability.
India is the second most populous country in the world. It has a workforce of people who belong to different income groups. India is also considered a developing country. This means that a large number of people belong to the lower-income group. To help fight the serious issue of poverty, the Government of India has launched various schemes for citizens. One such scheme which has been created to provide financial assistance in times of need is LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021, designed for people who keep the country’s economical wheel running.
LIC Aam Aadmi Insurance Yojana
This is a special scheme for the landless, poor and labourers of Life Insurance Corporation of India, in which a life insurance cover of Rs 75000 is given by paying a premium of Rs 100 per year. The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is for the unorganised sector workers by the Ministry of Finance.
Under this scheme, people of landless family get other facilities besides life insurance. To join LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021, the applicant will need a ration card, birth certificate, school certificate, voter ID card, identity card or Aadhaar card provided by the government department.
|Name of Yojana||LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana|
|Beneficiary||Landless families and agricultural farmers of lower class|
|objective||Providing life insurance|
|Benefit||Life insurance cover to labourers|
|Category||Central government schemes|
Purpose of LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
The main objective of the government to start Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana is to provide life insurance to the people of poor families. Through this scheme, every citizen of the country can get his insurance done. Under this scheme, financial assistance will be given on death as well as disability. In the event of death or disability of the beneficiary registered under LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, the amount of 30000 to 75000 will be given to the beneficiary’s family. Through this scheme, poor families will be helped to fight financial aid
Read This | How to apply Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021
Insurance amount under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021
Under this scheme, life insurance cover will be provided to the beneficiaries according to the circumstances in different categories.
|Death due to natural causes||30,000 / –|
|Accidental death||75,000 / –|
|Partial disability||Rs.37,500 / –|
|Permanent total disability||75,000 / –|
|Scholarship||1000 / – Per month per child|
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Premium Cover
Under this scheme, a premium of Rs 200 is taken every year for taking life insurance up to Rs 30000. Out of which 50% premium from Social Security Fund will be borne by the State Government / Union Territory and in case of other professional groups the remaining 50% premium will be borne by the Nodal Agency and / or Member and / or State Government / Union.
Benefits of LIC Aam Aadmi Insurance Scheme
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana offers various benefits to members, some of which are listed below.
- Coverage for death due to natural causes: The entry age for Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana has been set between 18 and 59 years. If a member of the scheme succumbs to death due to natural causes, LIC will claim the death for Rs 30,000.
- Coverage for Disability: A family member has to face any type of disability, which is a big setback for the family members. This shock is exacerbated if a person with a disability was the sole breadwinner of the family. With the help of AABY 2021, the family can use the help in the matter of finance. Disability claim under this scheme is Rs 37500 / – for permanent partial disability and Rs 75000 / – for permanent total disability due to accident.
- Coverage for Accidental Deaths: Accidents are very unpredictable and can have serious consequences. Thus, Aam Aadmi Insurance Scheme provides coverage for accidental death. Under this coverage, Rs. 75000 / – is paid to the nominee of the scheme.
- Additional Benefits: The Aam Aadmi Insurance Scheme not only provides death and disability benefits, but also ensures that at least two children in the family continue to receive education without a break. It provides free scholarship of Rs 100 / – every month on half-yearly basis to eligible children studying between 9th and 12th standard.
Ineligibility of Aam Aadmi Insurance Scheme
- Pregnancy or delivery
- War or related crisis
- Mental illness
- Medical expenses due to an accident
- Injury or death due to participation in dangerous sports
- Injury or death due to chemical, biological or radioactive weapons
- Injury or death due to criminal activity violating the law
AABY 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Certain eligibility criteria have been prescribed for availing coverage under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana.
- Only one member can be covered per family.
- Coverage is allowed either as a member of the earning family or as the head of the family, which is covered by the family.
- The life of the insured must be between 18 years and 59 years.
- Entry age of LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021 is between 18 years to 59 years
- Applicant must belong to a below poverty line (BPL) family.
- Families slightly above the poverty line which are part of any occupational group defined in the scheme.
- Individuals belonging to rural landless families can also get coverage under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana.
- 48 occupational groups are identified under the scheme and members belonging to those groups can be covered.
A specific list of documents required for enrolment of LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2021 can be sought from the nodal agency. Here is a list you will need:
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photo
- mobile number
- Ration card
- School certificate evidence
- Voter ID
- Identity card issued by government department
Read This |